Speaking of Mil Veh auctions on eBay

From: Bob Ternes (racecadet@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Jun 07 2005 - 08:08:04 PDT

So, there's this 5 ton on eBay right now.

Item nš 4554137673:

http://tinyurl.com/b6ekh

I'm not trying to call anyone out here, but does
this seem like a strange setup? It seems like two
scenarios are possible:

· either this gent has prior EUC clearance
already, and so since he "knows the system" and
vice versa, he knows the worth and is, say,
easier to deal with than GL or GSA

· OR, perhaps he's already won an auction and
waiting for EUC, trying to make some cream on the
sale already without ever having to even pick the
vehicle up?

Again, I don't think the seller is being totally
dishonest... just partially, especially when he
cites the "war" as the reason that preview is
unavailable. ;) It just looks funny - it's almost
like he's purchased a military vehicle future
(say, like pork bellies).

Cheers
Bob Ternes
almost running 3208 powered deuce