Re: [MV] Military site

From: Stephen Grammont (islander@midmaine.com)
Date: Sat Jun 11 2005 - 14:53:54 PDT

The game was developed by a joint private/military team a few years
ago. It was made available for free and served as a recruiting tool.
 From a dollar investment standpoint it was deemed a big success in
terms of recruiting. Unfortunately, it fell victim to turf battles and
bureaucratic incompetence. One "problem" with private sector
contractors is that if you make their lives miserable they can pick up
and leave. The private sector has a hard enough time developing games
so it is no surprise that once it became a tightly controlled military
project that it got totally screwed up. If you want to read a bit
more, there is a BLOG from one of the developers that explains what
happened (unfortunately I can't find the link!).

Steve