New 1008 from local fire dept. auction

From: Stu (STUINNH@comcast.net)
Date: Sat Jun 18 2005 - 08:15:50 PDT

 I have to cycle glow plugs twice to get truck started. They converted starter into 12v. The Captain said he wished they never converted it. He also said they changed glow plugs at the same time to 12v ones (I tried to tell him the original ones were 12v, but he kept insisting they were 24v and thats why they changed them when converting) to 12v starter. So, the feed to the resister now is 12v, which I'm sure reduces it down to say half. The fire captain also said after they converted to 12v, the truck was hard to get started in winter. Imagine that. They left two batteries in it. #1 runs truck. #2 gets charged and only powers slave recepticle which replaced BO light. The orig one on the right side is there also. I guess they could jumper the two batteries for when they deplete the first battery trying to get it started. They also replaced the Stanadyne fuel filter with a better one. I'm sure they had problems with the fuel pressure switch and finally replaced whole thing. Lots of drilled holes
 in bed where they mounted equipment. It has only 43,000 miles on it and came from Italy in 1997 to them. Cab had 20 years of dirt. Only major rust is left rear corner of can at floor. I believe window left open a lot and rain collected in that corner which you can't get to.
No bows, side rails, troop seats or tail gate. Bench seat broken too. But it runs great!
I have the form 97.--

--
"Stu"
 So. New Hampshire, USA