Re: [MV] GVW M35A2 w/winch

From: MV (MV@dc9.tzo.com)
Date: Sun Jun 19 2005 - 16:09:25 PDT

Something is wrong.

An M35 should weigh something in the 13-14,000 lb range empty. My M51 5
ton dump with dump bed weighs about 23,000 lbs empty.

Do you mean the GVWR - which is the gross vehicle weight rating? A M35
GVWR should be about 23,000. You can't have the truck weighed to find
the GVWR number, since that includes the cargo. It's simply a rating.

You could look up the weight specs from the TM which is available on the
internet also at the Logsa.mil web site. But perhaps someone has them
handy on this list also.

Dave