RE: Importing Armor

From: Vincent Bloom (vbloom@DUCTMATE.com)
Date: Mon Jun 20 2005 - 03:40:57 PDT

When we imported Ferrets in 1997, we had to import them on a BATF Form 6
as an "Implement of War." You'll probably need to do the same. My
friend was stationed in Germany at the time and we considered taking
them to Germany and having them shipped from there. We decided against
this as we were told that if you wanted an armored vehicle in Germany,
the armor had to be cut away from around the driver's compartment. You
may want to check if the T-34 has been cut in that way.

Last I heard on rules was that US Lend-Lease armor could not be brought
back into the US, but foreign stuff was no problem. The actual shipping
expense of something that size is going to be the biggest hurdle for
you; I'd research that thoroughly along with any ATF requirements.

Check with BATF for all the current rules on importing and de-milling
the guns. De-mil standards vary from country to country.

Vince