Re: [MV] Wet pavement traction, deuce tires

From: Steve & Jeannie Keith (cckw@comcast.net)
Date: Wed Jun 22 2005 - 04:06:06 PDT

Out in western MA one time at the tail end of the convoy with my CCKW.
I came up over a slight rise and discovered everyone stopped at a light.
Applying the brakes short of lock, one wheel did lock up in on the wet road
and sent the truck sliding sideways down the road. It was a 3 lane road and
as I backed off of the brakes to regain control, I entered one of the 2
lanes
in the oncoming lane. There was only one car, a Volvo coming towards me in
the lane closest to me. Instead of moving to the other lane, he used his
horn
instead. After all he WAS driving a Volvo and it WAS his lane. At the last
minute
he moved over grudginly. The CCKW would have put his horn button up his A##
or I would have personally..... I recovered and got back into my lane and
stopped.

When you take a corner in the rain with a deuce, sometimes you get 'power
steering'
A mightly sick feeling...

Steve AKA Dr Deuce