Crypto ?

From: Adrian Rees \(M1LCR\) (rees.a@btconnect.com)
Date: Fri Jun 24 2005 - 09:29:06 PDT

Hi guys
I have updated my web site (http://www.gaz66.co.uk) and draw your attention
to the pages marked GAZ66, and the sub page Radio Equipment.

I have posted scans of 4 pages from the Radio Manuals which I am having
difficulty in understanding. (As I don't speak German).

Two of these scans relate to the Generator, the other two to the "Special"
equipment. The special equipment appears to be a Russian Datschik encoding
device. (I should add I have most of the radio kit, inc the Datschik, and am
re-building the vehicle).

If any of you guys out there can read / speak German or Russian (and
English, of course !) if you could translate, I would be very grateful.

If any of you guys out there have enough spare time, I have most of the
operating manuals that I could do with translating !

Anyway, from what I have gathered by talking to people, (inc a retired DDR
NVA Major) and examining the vehicle etc, the Vehicle was re-fitted in
August 1987 at Magdeburg, and from what the manuals (dated 1987)say was
fitted with updated receivers and transmitters. (These are the ones I have).

Historically, I can remember taking high speed CW (at about 20WPM)
comprising calling and ident info, followed by machine sent CW at about
30-40WPM (you needed to type to take it). All 3FG, and apparently Russian
Air Force routing / Ground ops. The question is, was the Datschik
responsible for this high speed CW ?

You can contact me off group at rees.a@btconnect.com

73

Adrian Rees (M1LCR)