Re: [MV] 12v CUCV glow plug problems

From: Caleb Pal - MilVeh (m1009@defcon-3.net)
Date: Sat Jun 25 2005 - 19:06:41 PDT

Hey,

On the M1008 I converted to 12v for our Fire Dept, I simply took one alt
off, the 12-24 one, put a 12v starter in, made the main power block 12v, and
it worked. For the glow plugs I took the resistor out, took the 2 wires that
used to go to the resistor, and they were just long enough to reach each
other. Threw a bolt thru them, put a nut on it, electrical tape, and it was
good. No problems since. Starts just fine, cranks a little slower, but
nothing that has affected operation so far. The only problem I have found
with the conversion is the volt gauge inside the dash, doesn't work. Other
thing, I d/c'd the slave socket, to prevent things from getting messy if
some idiot tried to jump it without looking under the hood.

Caleb