Need help with SINCGARS antenna for 6 meters, please

From: Dick (rertman@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Sun Jun 26 2005 - 20:41:08 PDT

Hi, Gang:

One of the Mil Veh guys is selling a SINCGARS antenna and I'm wondering if
it's good for 6 meters. I know that SINCGARS works in the 30-88 MHz band,
so frequency coverage is OK.

I need to know if the antenna needs data from the radio for any purpose
(like tuning) or is it just a passive antenna that I can connect my 6 meter
radio to and get on the air.

Here's the info on the antenna.

Military antenna that I believe is for a SINCGARS (Single Channel Ground and
Airborne Radio System) and/or FMUX (fast multiplexed) type radio. NSN for
the lower section is 5985-01-438-6768 p/n is A3256530-1. This piece is about
8 inches tall and has a stiff spring. Top antenna section screws into the
top and the bottom connector seems to be a "Push-in Twist-to-lock". NSN for
the upper section is 5985-01-438-2224 p/n A3256529-1. It is about 8 foot
tall and will break down and back up very easy. Looks to be in good shape
but I have no way of testing it.

Thanks, folks,

Dick W1NMZ