field repair to M151

From: milveh@dslextreme.com
Date: Mon Jun 27 2005 - 19:52:28 PDT

Had to take the Mutt over to the DMV today for a vin verification and when
we were backing out it just up and died....hmmmm, no spark?

I thought, "Hey, I just fixed this problem a few months ago! " But,
something went wrong somewhere, so I isolated the short which was
obviously somewhere inside the distributor, that part was easy enough.
Unfortunately all I had on me was a small swiss army knife, less than 2
inches long and no tools.

Using the screwdriver/nail file blade I was able to removel the dist.
screws, then the two screws on the coil and I then removed the coil and
found the primary coil wire broken. I removed some black tape from the
engine wiring, trimmed back the insulation with the scissors blade, cut a
frayed section of wire off, then twisted the cleaned up wires back
together, taped it all up with the used tape, replaced the distributer
screws and Vrrrroom....well, actually make that bumbada bumbada, snort,
bumbada, snort, etc....and off we went. lol Least it got me home where I
could make a got repair.

So the moral of this story is, carry a Victorinox (Swiss Army) knife,
those lil knives zre great qualityand they sure come in handy at times!

PS SHAMLESS PLUG....Speaking of knives we're going to have a knife sale
over at milveh.com. These are the knives seized by your friendly airport
security people all over the U.S. Should have a list with pics up in the
next 3 days. You guys will get the first notice for a pre-sale.