Re: [MV] Drill instructors accused of going too far

From: Jim Breneman (jimbre_7@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Jun 28 2005 - 07:40:53 PDT

This is so not "typical of the whiney little brats
these days..." Had you read the article you would have
noticed that there was more going on than just yelling
at the recruits. There was no excuse to be physical
with recruits in these cases. In fact for the most
part, there is no reason to ever touch a recruit
unless provoked (such as defending yourself and/or
breaking up a fight).
I have no way to know if you've been through basic
training, but when I was at Ft. Knox for basic
(B/2-46IN) there was not a "whiney little brat" to be
found. By the time I finished training (I transfered
to Infantry school between basic and AIT) I was in a
company of steel-eyed killers.
I'll tell you...there is not an army out there that
could defeat the United States Army.

Sorry for the rant everyone...