Re: [MV] Drill instructors accused of going too far

From: Cliff S (mtnbikinssgt@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Jun 28 2005 - 08:21:08 PDT

Time for the ole Staff Sergeant to pitch in here.

For all of you who think that the beating of recruits is good........your
wrong.

For all of you who think that the "war" is a bad one..........your wrong.

For all of you who think that the news is unbiased........your wrong.

Yes we are at war. Yes its getting Service members killed. Yes its always
bad to see someone die for another country. BUT, would you rather it be in
San Fransisco, Phoenix, Denver, Chicago or New York City????? Ask
yourselves that one?

War sucks, but so do your alls attitude that its a bad one. Go check the
latest data against ANY other war........This one aint so bad now is it?
800 Service members killed in a year.......Check your State results for
Drunk drivers? Suicide? Or even Child abuse deaths.......

Im not a pansy lover, but not a corporal discipline lover either. But you
have to break the punk down somehow, other wise he will be taking a swing at
you (dont ask how I know from personal experience). There is a fine line.
And none of us were there.

Talk all you want on here..........it speaks even louder at the Recruiters
office as you ask to enlist.........

Flame all you want, I've been in 17 years and seen it all. Go check the
history of the U.S. since 1988, Ive been there. Got the new flack jacket
and bullet proof plates to prove it (actually they are called SAPI).

Lastly, and I say it all the time, DONT BELIEVE THE NEWS, THEY WANT YOUR
BLEEDING HEART TO SAY SOMETHING. TURN THE STUPID BOX OFF AND ENJOY THE BEST
COUNTRY IN THE WORLD.

Cliff Smith
SSgt USMC

M880 (4 sale)