Re: [MV] Drill instructors accused of going too far

From: milveh@dslextreme.com
Date: Tue Jun 28 2005 - 12:09:50 PDT

Nigel Hay MILWEB

> Hmmmm..... it is often said that the major difference between the
> British SAS and the US special forces is that Stirling's men go off and
disappearingeniousingenious
> into hostile terrain and exist for weeks on berries, tree sap etc,
> whereas at 4.30 in come the helicopters for the delta force and its off
they go
> for steaks and chips....

As to U.S. helicopters coming in at 4:30 for the Delta team, that's
because the mission was accomplished.... in less time than it took the SAS
to find the tree sap and berries.

PS To the victors go the "steaks n chips" and if we happen to be in the
UK at the time, just make sure to hold the "mad cow" and make the beers
cold will you?