Remote Generator Start

From: Adrian Rees \(M1LCR\) (rees.a@btconnect.com)
Date: Tue Jun 28 2005 - 15:09:59 PDT

Hi all
I have a Russian GAZ 66 / R142 Radio Vehicle (well two of them) and have
fired up the Generators on them, as I have just figured out the Remote Start
/ Stop controllers.

Question is this:
They have each got 4 x 6V 80AH Lead Acid batteries in them,(in a series /
parellal arrangement giving two 12V banks) which are now showing about 2V,
in charge. As such the Generator won't charge because the coils aren't
energised. Someone told me to put a 12V Battery momentarily accross one of
the existing banks to energise the coils, and get them charging.

I am not sure this is correct. Comments ?

Adrian (M1LCR)