Re: [MV] Tent info

From: Thomas M McHugh (tmmchugh@msn.com)
Date: Wed Jun 29 2005 - 13:51:23 PDT

Go to Coleman or any GOOD camping supplier. Camping World & Coleman should
have it.

Get a SEALANT STICK. It is sort of like a crayon & it dries hard. It
works extremely well on the pin holes - ON DRY CANVAS. All you do is rub it
in the hole & the job is done.

On a few occassions the SR STAFF NCOs were forced to share a GP MEDIUM with
the STAFF OFFICERS..... AFTER RECEIVING NO HELP SEVERAL TIMES, we stopped
catering service. As holes would appear, we sealed the holes over our
bunks & watched the circus as the drips had a travelling bed game going on
their side.

This proves you can have fun in the field, even without television.

Tom McHugh, NJ
1952 M38A1
ARMY Retired
MVPA, MTA

While my M1950 arctic tent is not an MV, it gets hauled in one, and
used in conjunction with them on occasion so....

My trusty tent has a number of pinholes from soldier 1 and 2 not using
a spark arrester with their stove pipe on a cold night at some point.
So I'm wondering if anyone knows where I could get replacement (patch)
fabric to make the repair. It's not the usual cotton duck, but more
of a sateen cotton fabric. Am I making any sense yet?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks much!

--
Sean Nichols