FW: [MV] shamless plug in to to M List

From: machinehop5@hotmail.com
Date: Thu Jun 30 2005 - 11:03:41 PDT

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, June 30, 2005 12:43 PM
To: convoy@mtaofnj.us
Subject: RE: [MV] shamless plug in to to M List

Well you were right. Ebay just informed us about pasting on the cost of
using Paypal service.

Quote: " Dear machinehop5,

We appreciate that you chose eBay to list the following listing(s):

5984192763 - Atlas Classic RSC-3 Locomotive HO Cab 355 Alco

However, your listing was in violation of eBay's Circumvention of eBay Fees
policy and has been removed from eBay. We have credited all associated fees
to your account and notified eBay users associated with the transaction that
it has been cancelled.

  We would like to take this opportunity to let you know what part of your
listing is not permitted.

Your listing(s) contains the following information:

PAYPAL - is an payment option - However, if you are paying by PAYPAL - there
is a buyer's premium of 5 MUST be added to total.<br>

Payment surcharges are a form of fee circumvention. Sellers may not charge
buyers an additional fee for their use of ordinary forms of payment,
including acceptance of checks, money orders, electronic transfers or credit
cards. Such costs should be built into the price of the item.Please note:
violation of this or other eBay policies may result in forfeit of eBay fees
on cancelled listings, limits on account privileges and account suspension."

>From Bruce:

 " I don't think you can add a buyers premium to Paypal without getting
your bottom spanked"

If seller's can not pass the cost on to the Buyers use of Paypal's service,
We are not going to pay it.

Bottomline We just fired Paypal. Spank their bottomline.

PS- Love the way Paypal is hiding behind Ebay to inform us. I think they are
the same Company.

DJ