Re: [MV] No more "M541 Hand Scraper" (aka a shovel)

From: Ron (rojoha@adelphia.net)
Date: Thu Jun 30 2005 - 12:46:51 PDT

Wellllllll, isn't that special!

    What friggin moron bought that idea? How long before the axe sheath gets
lost or broken and they start carving up ankles while using the shovel?
    What if one guy needs to dig while the other needs the pick and the
third needs to use the axe to cut wood to unstick a mired vehicle? Or ya
got to make a hasty ambush position and the SEE is busy else where and you
got 3 folks watching one guy dig, kinda like the Massachusetts Highway
Department? (What's lime green and sleeps three? An MHD pick up with a crew
assigned to watch the State Trooper read the paper in the work zone).

    Bet it costs more than the Pioneer tool set and will get lost more
often. (Hey Sarge, ya seen that shovel-axe thingy in the bag. that is
usually behind the seat? It was there yesterday morning.)
    If it ain't broke......

 "Would You Stake Your Life >right now< on the Condition of Your Equipment?"

We Would! The US Army Procurement Agency, where cost doesn't matter, or, for
that matter, it's functionality or usefulness. Just shut up and make the
best of it! Pissed? Tell it to the Chaplain! Or call 'Hire a Wog'.