Re: [MV] OT: Viet Nam Vets in Iraq

From: grntrks@juno.com
Date: Thu Jun 30 2005 - 19:50:15 PDT

Thanks Royce for finding and sending this article and thanks to Ed for
arranging for us to read it.

I never flew on a combat mission or saw active combat, but 38 years after
I was in "The 'Nam" I met a pilot that flew the F4C's I helped maintain
and repair engines for. He shook my hand with a firm grip and THANKED me
for helping keep HIM alive. I have never before seen such sincere
gratitude in anyone's facial expression. I should also mention he is a
Vietnam war ACE and a member of the Legion of Valor.

That meeting made the year of 1966 worth the long hours and crummy
experience.

Frank Cox - 'Nam 1966
MVPA 14530
'45 GMC 353 DUKW