Re: Religion...was [MV] Iraq winning or losing

From: Jim Stead (gadget@easypath.com)
Date: Fri Jul 01 2005 - 07:49:37 PDT

My family was never really religious, but I can remember when I converted.
It really was like being re-born.

I remember the OD books, which contain the sacred word of Military Vehicles.
Everything you would want to know about purchasing, ownership, licensing,
legalities, restoration, maintenance, features, history, and so much more is
contained in these books.

It's all there, you just have to open your eyes and *believe*.

As often as I can, I go to club where other believers like myself gather and
discuss the finer points of our religion, often reading passages from the
books. I always feel better after club, somehow I feel more enlightened and
more at peace with my surroundings.

Sometimes I go on pilgrimages. Lots of very devout followers will congregate
at "shows", which is our under-the-radar code word for our religious
gatherings. It keeps the weirdo's away, and makes it a tax break for some of
the followers.

Yes, it's the best thing I've done for myself in many years. I am a
believer. I have seen the green and smelled the canvas. Now I try to convert
as many people as I can. They don't know what they're missing...