Re: [MV] On Topic - about list

From: milveh@dslextreme.com
Date: Sun Jul 03 2005 - 09:33:16 PDT

Thoughts about the list

1st the top 4 thoughts, (if you're in a hurry...)

1. For a list to remain a cohesive unit you must have all cohesive, not
"abrasive" adults.
2. Rules are for people who need rules...see rule 1.
3. People who "announce" they are leaving as some sort of punishment must
really think they are THAT important...see rule 1.
4. People who like to help further the MV hobby remain on the list for
the other 99% of like minds...see rule 1.

If you got more time...

5. Delete button is a great fix for detractions and distractions.
6. As one of our brilliant poster once said, "Never post angry." A pearl
of widsom for sure.
7. You get good MV advice, good deals on parts, good deals on vehicles
and great connections to great people around the world from this list.
8. What was that saying about the one rotten apple? So you are almost
obliged to use the "filter" to remove the blight for the sake of the
group.
9. List provides a fantastic way to communicate non-MV subjects off list
in person to person emails. I've had some great WWII history talk that
way, same Nam talk.

10. Kudo's to all the decent people here! You've been real helpful to me
over the years and saved me a a lot of time and money. You people make
the list what it is and to Arthur who got this thing up and going at a
great personal expense, as we say here on the ranch...muchas gracias mia
amigo!

Ya'll have a nice 4th of July, stay safe and come back in one piece!

Jack
POW in the PRC, (People Republik of California)

Steve & Jeannie Keith