Re: [MV] 2.5 & 5 ton

From: Terry Lane (tlane@mobynet.com)
Date: Sun Jul 03 2005 - 12:02:28 PDT

Jimmy,
   Considering a 2.5 ton 6x6 weighs in at about 13000 lbs and a 5ton
M923
with a Nelly cummins and allison tranny weighs in at about 22,000 lbs,
which one would be the preferred choice. I don't think I would want to
drive around in a bobbed 5ton. Kind of heavy no matter how you look at
it. I don't know what the weight of a bobbed duece is either, but it
ain't no lightweight. I wouldn't bob either one myself. That's what
M38A1 jeeps are for, along with M1008 blazers etc.
My 2 cents worth.
terry