Re: [MV] Spray Painting.

From: Buzz (muttman@charter.net)
Date: Tue Jul 05 2005 - 21:59:03 PDT

Steve,
I bought one of the De Vilbis HVLP guns and it didn't perform as well as I
thought it should. One day I was talking to a professional restorer and he
asked about my setup. I told him 1/2" copper pipe to the garage door then 1/4"
hose the rest of the way to the spray area, about 40' away. He told me that my
problem was that the HV stands for HIGH VOLUME and a 1/4" hose isn't large
enough to pass a large volume of air. When he paints he uses 15' of 3/8" hose
to a pressure pot that he wears on his waist, that feeds his HVLP gun.
So I'm gonna over kill and use 1/2" hose out to the spray area then "3/8 to the
gun from the regulator/filter..

Buzz