Re: [MV] Cleaning a Gas tank from rust ideas?

From: Stephen Grammont (islander@midmaine.com)
Date: Sat Jul 09 2005 - 20:04:11 PDT

I did the same thing for one of my Weasel tanks, which was quite rusty
and the lining was all flaking off. $80 and a couple of days later I
had an "as new" tank with protective lining. We've had some long
discussions about this in the past on this list and I'd say that most
people frowned upon the commercially available products. The stuff the
radiator shops use is lethal and they need special permits for it...
out of the bottle stuff bought at NAPA or off the Internet isn't likely
going to be as good. Though it looks like David B did well with his
process if he's had no problems for 7 years.

Steve