Re: [MV] First military vehicle, and your help is appreciated.

From: Herr Bookmonger (bookmonger@verizon.net)
Date: Sat Jul 16 2005 - 17:08:11 PDT

Todd,

Just a quick note to welcome you to the world of MVs. It can be frustrating
as hell, but overall it's a wonderful hobby/interest/obsession.
Prepare/gird yourself for the people, half of whom are serious, that'll
offer you a $100 on your $50 surplus "jeep" ! They can get ugly when a $50
profit is declined.

Thankfully, people bitten by the MV bug are as a firm rule friendly and
helpful.

Herr Bookmonger

PS Google ( http://www.google.com ) is your best friend. Set it as your
homepage. Until you start digging, you cannot believe the information out
there ! As an example:

The military Blazer is a CUCV. "CUCV"
http://www.google.com/search?num=50&hl=en&lr=&safe=off&q=CUCV

CARC is the type of paint used on modern MVs. "CARC paint"
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=CARC+paint&btnG=Google+Search