Re: [MV] M1009 Glow Plugs Head busted off on new Plugs.

From: Michael Howell (doctormv@frontiernet.net)
Date: Sun Jul 17 2005 - 16:58:40 PDT

Quoting Don Low <odonlow@hotmail.com>:

> Well the problem is not a swollen plug, I never had a chance to even
> start
> it.
> I was putting in new, and the head just broke off (while putting in
> on
>
> So Now I am left with a glow plug almost complety frush to the head.
> threaded all the way in , nothing to grab onto .
>
> SO I need to know how to get it out , so I can replace it with NEW
> (MIL
> Plugs)

I think if it was me and what was left of the plug sealed the hole I
would just drive it with 5 glow plugs. Of course, it would depend on
how cold it gets where you live. I drove my M1010 for over a year with
only 3 good plugs in it. It would crank down to about 30 degrees F.
Shouldn't be much of a problem right now anyway.

Otherwise, you will probably have to drill it out. You may have to pull
the head if it is a plug that you can't get a drill to. BTW Stu, I
think you got ripped off unless they did more than just drill out the
plugs.

Mike
Tishomingo, Mississippi

PS I have changed my email address for the first time since I got on
the net if anyone cares.