Re: [MV] Medic survives sniper attack

From: Ryan Gill (rmgill@mindspring.com)
Date: Wed Jul 20 2005 - 10:30:37 PDT

At 5:17 PM +0000 7/20/05, Kris Kirby wrote:
>On Wed, 20 Jul 2005, Darrell Ramsell wrote:
>> A friend of mine forwarded this to me. I thought you all would enjoy this.
>>
>> My hat off to Pfc. Stephen Tschiderer. He is a true American all the way.
>> http://www.armytimes.com/story.php?f=1-292925-976420.php
>
>I don't seek to trivialize the Pfc's injuries in any way, but when you
>consider that most trained snipers are 100% effective, you see that the
>enemy isn't playing with a full deck. Better to be flown home in a seat
>than in a bag, any day.

In this case, body armor saved the day. The folks doing the shooting were apparently making a nuisance of themselves by driving around in a van ala Malvo.

What the camera misses is the reaction to contact by the unit they shot at and their subsequent capture. The Medic that was shot, in fact tended to the man that shot him.

--
--
-                 Data Center Operations Group                -