RE: [MV] Government Liquidation lawsuit-illegal collection of State sales tax

From: Glenn Shaw (hundestern@lycos.de)
Date: Wed Jul 20 2005 - 11:48:40 PDT

Don't know about all the states but I do know that in my state anything sold
by anyone to anyone can have the sales tax applied unless you have a sales
tax exemption certificate for the State Dept of Revenue of this state. Only
a business would ever have this since it is hard to get and keep. The state
deems that sale to take place where the merchandise is located at the
sellers premises.
Glenn