Re: [MV] M43 Siren Wooowooowooo

From: Kris Kirby (kris@catonic.net)
Date: Thu Jul 21 2005 - 04:20:51 PDT

On Thu, 21 Jul 2005, captw1 wrote:
> Joe, although the switch you refer to looks similar to an older style
> floor mounted headlamp dimmer switch, it's actually a momentary contact
> starter switch with much heavier contacts to carry the load of the motor
> driven siren as APB had mentioned...siren motor is like a starter motor

Ah, we're talking about a siren not unlike the Federal Signal Q2B.
Requires 12V @ 100A to be useful, motor driven.

Um? Headlight flasher and a big contactor? :) Given that the siren pulls
so much power, it may be possible there was a low-voltage cut-off
mechanism in the original implementation that is unobtainium now.

--
Kris Kirby <kris@catonic.net>
                       "BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU!"