RE: [MV] Government Liquidation lawsuit-illegal collection of State sales tax

From: Glenn Shaw (hundestern@lycos.de)
Date: Fri Jul 22 2005 - 06:20:58 PDT

I think you are right about vehicles being a separate thing. A titleable
vehicle should only have the sales tax charged when it is titled. If GL
charges the sales tax on an old truck asssuming it may be broken up as parts
and never registered, they sould refund that "parts" sales tax upon proof
that the vehicle was registered/titled in some state and the vehicle sales
tax was paid. The problem is getting them to issue a refund.