Re: [MV] M series distributor vent system

From: l51940@aol.com
Date: Mon Jul 25 2005 - 12:21:35 PDT

This may or may not have some bearing on this discussion but I once had
a Jeep that had a bad vacuum advance. After shutting off the engine,
gasolene vapors would find their way past the broken vacuum advance
diaphragm and into the distributor. When restarting the engine the
sparks would ignite the fumes and blow the distributor cap off.

Dave McConnell