Re: [MV] Troop Seat Wood

From: david gudmunsen (kroctec@btopenworld.com)
Date: Mon Jul 25 2005 - 20:24:00 PDT

Re identification of timber and taxonomy in general.

Taxonomy (the science of classification leading to specific names) is a fast
moving and often contraversial science.

If you don't have further information then beyond recognising the family it
is often a case of microscope viewing of sample to determine the exact
species of most plants, even then crosses and hybrids can be very tricky.

Best regards from David Gudmunsen