Re: [MV] AIR HORN

From: Sonny Heath (sonny@defuniak.com)
Date: Tue Jul 26 2005 - 19:20:34 PDT

What do you do about the trailer being considerably higher than your prime
mover? I've always tried to make sure that any trailer I tow is level.

I recently bought what I thought was a complete Lubrication unit which is a
much heavier trailer than the M105 and had to go to Cherry point, NC to pick
it up so I called the GL rep there and asked him to go out and measure the
distance from the lunette to the ground when the trailer was level and then
I made myself a pintle hook out of channel iron and the towing of it with my
3/4 ton Dodge Cummins was no real problem but I kept in mind all the way to
Florida that it was pushing me so I maintained twice the following distance
that I normally would have. The lunette was about in the middle of my
tailgate so one can visualize what I was referring to in the beginning of
this mail.

Sonny