Re: [MV] Trailer Weights / towing jack knife avoidance

From: Ryan Gill (rmgill@mindspring.com)
Date: Wed Jul 27 2005 - 09:49:02 PDT

At 12:06 PM -0400 7/27/05, m35products wrote:
>Here's one application for your M105 trailer:
>
>Take the trailer, an M35, some $, and have John Tennis aka "The Deuce
>Butcher" make you this street legal, BMF pickup truck.

I'd second this just on fuzzy laymans engineering. The brake setup with a deuce and an M105 matches quite nicely. Same thing for a 5 ton. I expect that an M105 would be hard pressed to do anything to a deuce or 5 ton unless you had some major overloading of the M105. A CUCV just seems too light to do it with out a properly matched brake system.

As long as a Cut down Deuce can pull the weight (no tire slip) you should be fine with a fully loaded M105 behind her.

Overon Steel Soldiers, one of the members is cutting down a cab on a M35 to make it a crew cab. I'd love to see that on a snubby M35. Add in some extra fuel tanks and other kit for ballast and you'd probably have a bloody nice tow vehicle (if a bit slow on the highway). Personally though, I'm not sure I liked being passed by a pickup towing a big trailer when I'm going 70mph....

--
--
-                 Data Center Operations Group                -