Re: [MV] CUCV M105A1 trailer wiring M1009

From: Darrell Ramsell (daram@comcast.net)
Date: Thu Jul 28 2005 - 00:45:52 PDT

I was originally planning to get a M-105 for my HMMWV but after looking at
how big one is, the break system not being compatible and the amount of
conversion to get it level, I decided to pass. After reading Ron's story,
I'm glad I did. Got myself a M-101A2 and tows like a dream.

In one incident traveling at 55 with a 3,000lb load in the trailer. Someone
cut in front of me and I had no choice but to hit the breaks hard.
Fortunately I had surge brakes on the trailer and I could feel them kick in
(nice feeling). The quick slow down was smooth and straight. I forgot to
mention that I had 2,000lb in the HMMWV too.

Darrell