Re: [MV] M35 BRAKE FLUID

From: Sarge (micdunn@ev1.net)
Date: Sun Jul 31 2005 - 23:54:52 PDT

Willie, the identical mirrors are available at any large truck parts place.
I bought a stainless steel set, sprayed them OD and they match the old ones
exactly.
Of course, they won't rust, so I guess someone might notice the difference.
As far as silicone brake fluid goes, I have seen it clear, purple, blue and
yellow.
Pull some out of your master cylinder and put it in 2 separate containers.
Mix DOT3 or DOT4 in one container and mix DOT5 in the other container.
Whichever container mixes well, that's what you have in your system.
The other container will be obviously wrong, it will mix almost like water
and oil.
Clear as mud?
-Sarge