Re: [MV] M35 series brakes

From: m35products (m35prod@optonline.net)
Date: Mon Aug 01 2005 - 21:37:57 PDT

Many enthusiasts of the M35 find that the initial joyful ownership reaction
eventually fades into a more sober realization of the truck's true
personality.

The M35 class (actually, the M44 class) has lots to be desired. It steers
like a brick, and accelerates like one, too. Once it gets up to speed, which
is a velocity not too impressive, it takes quite a bit of stomping and
cursing to stop it.

At my little company, we sell after-market widgets to make ownership a bit
easier to rationalize.

We sell power steering to make it turn, and lockout hubs to make it go
faster. Now we sell a pretty nifty disc-brake accessory to make it stop
better.

The pinion brake can be added to any or all of the three axles, depending
upon how quickly the driver needs to stop.

We recommend that at least one be added to the rear-rear axle. The cost is
around $400, and installation takes under an hour. It will make the truck
stop, period.

See www.imageevent.com/moosecreekmaple/m35a4 and click around until you see
the rear pinion brake picture.

A P Bloom