Date this caisson ? **Pics and my error

From: Thomas M McHugh (tmmchugh@msn.com)
Date: Tue Aug 02 2005 - 20:57:44 PDT

Pat,

If not for the tongue shaft, that is every bit like the Military Hand Cart.

The Hand Cart is in the
Manual For the Quartermaster Corps
United States Army
1916
Vol 2. & Appendix
Printed 1917

and

Military Specification
CART, HAND
MIL-C-1173A

Superseding
JAN-C-1173

They were used for removal of the dead, amongst other things.

I can bring a photocopied section to the MTA August picnic or the RED BALL /
MTA Picnic.

My Mother had a Hand Cart years ago, in her Antique Shop & looked it up on a
visit to the Quartermaster Museum in VA. They very nicely made me copies.

Tom McHugh, NJ
 1952 M38A1
M-416 Trailer
MVPA, MTA