Re: [MV] disc brake pressure, et al

From: chris case (chriscase@sbcglobal.net)
Date: Wed Aug 03 2005 - 09:23:13 PDT

Bjorn, you are once again confusing drive .line accessory braking with disc
mains. The accessory system doesn't
t have this problem. The most common (autos) system uses a dual master
that puts the same psi to both the front discs and the rear drums. The gizmo
that's called a proportioning valve is only a 'bad hydraulics' idiot light
switch. The differential of braking between front and rear is accomplished
by engineering a less efficient rear brake system. The match up f/r has to
be close to the variations of vehicle loading- everything is a compromise.

The only thing that prevents one wheel from turning backwards under engine
braking is physics, the same physics are still in play when a pinion brake
is added.