RE: [SPAM] - RE: [MV] First military vehicle, and your help is appreciated.

From: Stu (stuinnh@mvnut.us)
Date: Thu Aug 04 2005 - 15:58:28 PDT

Hi again!
Parramore is great! I bought my nos trans from him and had it shipped to
me. He also has a great price on nos glow plugs which I used for years in
my Blazer. When you pickup the manuals from me, I think I have the engine
rebuild one also.
There is a 12v accessory connection block about where you are describing.
If you look at your batteries, there should be a wire going from the battery
closest to the fire wall that goes all the way to this 2 pole block to
supply 12v. Good place to get power for radio etc. You will also see lots
of filters etc. on wiper motor, heater fan for military radios. You can
also take some pix and email them to me if you want. Now that you have your
truck, come on down and look at my 1008. This might help to see the things
that are missing. I'm around tomorrow and this weekend.
Keep your chin up and try to not get too down with all the problems.
Finding and fixing problems with MV's is part of the fun of getting to know
your vehicle inside and out. Your first MV is your hardest. After the
problems are sorted out the fun begins. Just remember, you are not alone to
figure things out. Our group has always been there for me through 4 MV
rebuilds. Remember, there isn't any problem money can't fix, except your
ego and scrapped knuckles. Only kidding!
When you do get it running, make sure you change all the fluids. My local
shop used a spoon to get the oil out of my rear diff on the Blazer. It was
just a little thick.

       "Stu"
Southern NH, USA
"Live Free Or Die"