RE: [MV] M1009 rubber floor mat

From: Stu (stuinnh@mvnut.us)
Date: Mon Aug 08 2005 - 11:12:28 PDT

Hi all!
Keep in mind the army ordered the rubber mats removed from all the trucks
because it traps water and condensation under it and was rusting out the
floors. A better covering would be carpets which allow water to evaporate
and the floor to breath. It will still quiet down the diesel noise. Also,
the under hood insulation would help also. Pre molded carpets available
from LMC truck also. I know of some who used the Rino stuff in the cab
instead of carpet. That may be a little expensive. Remember, rust is your
main enemy in the 1009.

       "Stu"
Southern NH, USA
"Live Free Or Die"