Re: [MV] Winch Cable ?

From: Chris Brunner (cjbrunner@optonline.net)
Date: Mon Aug 08 2005 - 14:19:11 PDT

Flame suit on:
    There are manufactures of synthetic winch cable that would be up to
the weight you need. In addition to that when synthetic snaps it drops
dead - doesn't carry anywhere near the kinetic resistance. Although
it's not restoration material, it's a hell of a lot more safe. We use
it all the time on the work trucks, the only thing to watch out for is
chaffing.

Chris