Re: [MV] Military travel in 2005

From: Bill Kealey (cwkealey@atlanticbb.net)
Date: Mon Aug 08 2005 - 18:06:54 PDT

The really IMPRESSIVE part of all this is that the rules only apply to outgoing
flights.

My wife's nephew just arrived a little over a month ago from Europe and had one
layover, again in Europe. NO shake down and very fast boarding at both airports
in Europe.

He did not observe any personal security check coming to DC.

However, upon leaving D.C. last week he had to get to the airport 3 hours before
the flight to check in. Then waited for several hours to go through the lines
to the boarding area. Then he had to take off his shoes and remove all metal
objects from his pockets and carry on bags. What a sad joke.

We watched people taking off belts because of the belt buckles and other things.

Truely amazing what we will go through to pretend to be safe and secure.

Sorry, this just strikes me as ridiculous. Former law enforcement officer and
all that. <Sad Grin>