Re: [MV] Winch Cable

From: MYDEUCEANDWILLYS@aol.com
Date: Wed Aug 10 2005 - 19:51:26 PDT

The expanded will definitely be stronger than sheet metal, A rip will have
to make many new rips to get thru, It will also flex when hit and release
even a lot more of the tension that way also, and a whipping motion in my view
is not the same as a projectile, it will offer that split second timing of the
all important duck quack quack, personally there is no such thing as a
perfect fix but I would not feel funny using this, Painted with a cool attachment
job would be cool ,<to me> I do use my winch, I have done a fair amount of
rigging in the last 30 years of my job. My cable is spooled and loobed.And I
have a cool thing I found many years ago, its a short chain attached to a
roller the roller has a cup to the circle so the cable runs thru great I have hung
it on the cable in use with a HEAVY chain latch on, again not as a perfect
solution but a chance to slow it down.
Randy out