DANGER, WILL ROBINSON, DANGER!! !Re: [MV] Test figures for Samson Amsteel Blue, Ammendment

From: Ron (rojoha@adelphia.net)
Date: Thu Aug 11 2005 - 10:56:49 PDT

David (or maybe Dr. Smith?)....

"If you guys took the trouble
to go to the catalogue PDFs you would find all the technical information you
are looking for."

    Why should we bother? We have several folks on the list who like to talk
down to us on a variety of subjects while trying to show how knowledgeable
they are at finding information and reporting it in an expert, 'I'm smarter
than you' manner...... Kinda like the above quote from a previous post.
Then you follow up with the 'Amendment. Maybe if you slowed down and 'took
the trouble' to verify the accuracy of what you are about to post?
Opppppsssss, that was below the belt, eh?

    Without the above statement, your post would have been an informative
post, but with it comes an implied 'you lazy bastards don't have the
intelligence to buy a lawn mower, let alone deserve to own HMV's' ... Hence
it caused me to crawl out from under my rock and post.

    Your posts since 14 January are primarily internet search results to
queries posed to the list. Most are very helpful. But the majority of the
HMV community are folks of above average intelligence with modest amounts of
disposable income and understanding (or extremely tolerant) spouses. Not all
are internet or technical training experts or graduates of 4 year
institutions. The fact that some (like me) are able to use a computer at all
is most astonishing. Unfortunately, a number of folks with an incredible
depth of HMV info, have been run off the list by 'smart asses' who
complain about their spelling or syntax or inability to use search engines.
One knowledgeable British subject was run off by an 'upstart colonial smart
ass-UCSA' a couple of years ago. (I'm sorry Richard, forgive me and please
come back....)
    But maybe their failure to find things via internet searches is because
they might have a life and find it is quicker to ask on the list since (very
probably) one of us might have already looked into the 'subject' in depth
and in the not too distant past.

    Further quotes from your posts....

          "Whilst Erik suggested the use of oak I would say that oak has a
tendency to
splintering. You might consider the use of Keruing [Dipterocarpus
costulatus, Dipterocarpus sublamellatus, Dipterocarpus cornutus,
Dipterocarpus warburgii, Dipterocarpus spp, Dipterocarpus crinitus,
Dipterocarpus apterus, Dipterocarpus lowii, Dipterocarpus verrucosus,
Dipterocarpus gracilis, ......."

    Huh?

        " General information,

For any number of divisions on a circle you will need to know the chord
distance.

Assuming a circle of unit radius.

First divide 360º by the number of divisions you want.

The chord length is found by 2 x sin of half the angle"

    Ohhhh Kayyyyyy.....

        "This year has seen more than enough of people slagging each other
off.
Should we not expect and see some measure of maturity instead of infantile
insult."

        Not if you continue to act like a Dartmouth college professor using
that under rated British talent for talking down to people like they are
below your station.

    Just my read of your tone of late after more than 'few' years on this
list.

    If the shoe fits.....

    Ronzo
     aka 'UCSA' ,
     resident Village Idiot on the Skylee list and on more than one
occasion, required to ingest Corvus