RE: [MV] cckw info

From: Joe Garrett (j.garrett@verizon.net)
Date: Thu Aug 11 2005 - 13:08:53 PDT

Whether this CCKW was "originally" strato blue or not is almost irrelevant.
The real question is, should it be restored to early USAF colors; strato
blue with yellow markings? If it was restored in this way, it would be a
show stopper.

I have a 1953 Studebaker M35 that was originally strato blue. I can't
decide whether to restore it that way or not. I have no interest in showing
it, and prefer to set it up in US Army OD with white stars.

On the other hand, do I have some historical obligation to make what could
be a one of a kind restoration? I remember seeing M37's in strato blue, but
don't recall ever seeing a deuce in that color. I definitely never saw a
CCKW painted blue (and I grew up near the end of one of the runways at
McChord AFB).

Joe Garrett