M54A2 Trans to Transfer air lines hookup

From: Bruce C. Beattie (bruce@EECS.Berkeley.EDU)
Date: Sun Aug 14 2005 - 10:44:57 PDT

Hi Guys,
    I am competing for "village idiot" status for today....Stand aside
Ron & Noel.

With my undying faith in our wonderfull TM's I disconnected the air
lines from the transmission
to the transfer case on my 5 Ton. One had broken off completely because
someone had removed the flex hose and replace it with copper line. I
figured I'd replace both lines and put in the
flex lines I got from Saturn Surplus.

    When I went to install them I looked at the TM and although they
have detailed drawings of all the parts and general routing, there is
one section that is only haalf shown in one picture
and the other half in another picture, but the transition between the
two isn't clear.

    So here is the specific question. Does the line comming off of the
Forward air cylinder/valve on
the Transmission go to the top of the transfer case or to the air
cylinder/valve on the transfer case?

    Thanks for any help on this,
Bruce MVPA 23824