Re: [MV] CUCV winches

From: Michael Howell (doctormv@frontiernet.net)
Date: Wed Aug 17 2005 - 10:46:04 PDT

Quoting captw1 <captw1@yahoo.com>:

> I have a MM on my M1008...it is a 10,500lb. mounted to
> a homebuilt cradle that I can move from front to
> back...I just remove the "D" rings from the front or
> rear of the truck and slide the winch onto the same
> mounts, re insert the pins and I'm good to go...sorry,
> but I don't have a dig. cam. or I'd send you some
> pics...Wilf>
> --- Michael Howell <doctormv@frontiernet.net> wrote:
>
> > Anybody put a mile marker winch on a CUCV? For that
> > mater, has anybody
> > put any kind of winch on a CUCV? There are a lot of
> > Mile Marker
> > winches on HUMVEE's. Has anyone seen one a military
> > CUCV?
> >
> > Mike
> > Tishomingo, Mississippi

> > To unsubscribe, send e-mail to:
> > <mil-veh-off@mil-veh.org>
> > <mil-veh-digest@mil-veh.org>
> >

> Capt W
> Wilf Alexander
> Bailieboro, Ontario, Canada
>
> 1952 Willys M38CDN jeep
> 1971 Yamaha 175 Enduro m/c
> 1967 Mack C95F fire pumper(former Ypsilanti Twp. Mi.)(for sale)
> 1968 Mack F763ST truck tractor(for sale)
> 1975 48' drop deck flatbed trailer
> 1985 Chevrolet C10 6.2L diesel pickup
> 1985 Chevrolet D30 CUCV M1008 w/winch
> 1988 Honda Goldwing 1500
> 1994 Chevrolet Caprice Classic LT1 9C1 police package(former Virginia
> State Police)
> 2002 Volkswagen Jetta TDI

> http://mail.yahoo.com

That is a very interesting solution, I would love to see a pic of it.
Too bad you don't have a dig camera. Am I right in assuming it is a
hydraulic MM winch? They do make electric ones also. How did you
handle the hydraulic hook-up? I would like to have one I could move
from truck to truck to trailer. I have been looking at the Warn
portable solution, but have read that the Mile Marker hydraulic winch
outperforms the electric models.

Mike
Tishomingo, Mississippi