OT: Free coffee forTroops stationed in Iraq

From: Ron (rojoha@adelphia.net)
Date: Fri Aug 19 2005 - 12:07:06 PDT

My employer, a fairly large defense contractor, is having a big push to
collect and ship stuff to troops in Iraq. Using the Anysoldier.com, the
company is asking employees to adopt a soldier or unit and try to fill the
requests they are making for 'stuff'. Toiletries, table/reading lamps for
the tents, batteries, field gear, tactical flashlights, snacks, x-boxes and
games, DVDs, books, cold weather sox, gloves and underwear, microwavable
food storage containers, Zip Loc bags (all sizes), Gatorade powder, etc. You
know, the stuff we take for granted. The company will take the sealed,
addressed packages or any loose items and pack them up and ship them to Iraq
and make sure the 'stuff' gets to the folks who have requested it. Cash
donations will be applied to the Anysoldier.com program also. Supposedly
they got 2 full 40 foot containers already and the donation period ends 2
Sept. Be nice if we could put a dent in the black line for this quarter due
to shipping charges......
    They keep sending out additional info on other things 'we' can do on our
own. The other day they sent out a memo that Dunkin Donuts will send a case
of coffee for free to any troop serving in Iraq. That's free, as in S&H
included. It takes a bit of digging to find on the DD web site, and then it
says they will select 50 names a month from the names submitted of troops
serving anywhere. Our HR shed contacted the DD folks for clarification and
says they were told that 'off the books', any name submitted for an Iraqi
APO address is gonna get a case. Sounds too good to be true? Dunno, but the
HR folks say it's November Sierra, so why not give it a try? (Maybe you
should pass it on to the Starbucks folks and they can have their employees
log on and put DD out of business, for a noble cause of course...) .
    Here's the direct link if you want to give it a shot....

https://www.dunkindonuts.com/aboutus/contact/Feedback.aspx?type=4

            You can also register any soldier for a free phone card every 60
days by going to:
    www.operationuplink.org/request.cfm

    Worth a few minutes of your time?

    We now return you to our regularly scheduled off topic posts, already in
progress.....

Ronzo