Re: [MV] Diesel fuel prices? $2.71 here near Seattle - needed a wood gasifier for my M51!

From: MV (MV@dc9.tzo.com)
Date: Mon Aug 22 2005 - 06:38:29 PDT

For us poor folks stuck with huge gas engines like continental 602's, I
think someone has to come up with a compact wood gas machine that can be
loaded into the back of our gas eaters and fed with cord wood! In
northern Indiana wood is stacked along the roads by the road crews as
they hope someone will pick it up. Few people do so it gets taken to
mulch sites for grinding or it is landfilled.

We have plenty of energy sources in this country they just aren't as
convenient as oil.

Gas is about $2.66 here but diesel is about $2.45 if you shop around. I
was in Northern Kentucky last week and I thought I found a good price?
at $2.48.

Propane might be an option also, but it's not free. I think an 80
gallon tank would fit between the cab and the dump box.

Also, this new gas is really bad stuff. Indiana insists on 10% ethanol
now I believe and it doesn't last. I had 10 gallons of it sitting in
cans that I bought 3 weeks ago and it is already starting to smell bad.

Dave