WWII/VN/DS Event Mexico, MO Walkback in Time, 23-25 Sept 05

From: Scherrer, Tim (scherrert@missouri.edu)
Date: Mon Aug 22 2005 - 13:28:30 PDT

The Audrain County Historical Society Walk Back in Time event will be
again held in Mexico, MO on 23-25 September 2005.

The event is located at:
Audrain County Historical Society
501 Muldrow Street
Mexico, Missouri 65265
September 23-25, 2005
http://www.audrain.org/

The event is going to expand into the Southeast corner of the grounds,
which will give the WWII section expanded space for displays, vehicles,
equipment and tentage. This will greatly help with the larger number of
reenactors who are planning on attending. This should be the biggest
and best year yet, and we are very excited about the event.

You may set up as early as Thursday night, with Friday being a
school/educational day for local students, and the main event day is
Saturday and Sunday. If you attend on Friday for the school event, the
Historical Society will provide you lunch.

There are four key events for the WWII section to participate in:

Flag Raising at 1000 Saturday
Displays from 1000-5pm Saturday, and 1000-4pm Sunday
WWII Battle at 1500 Saturday
Candlelight Tours from 1800-2100

I am coordinating the WWII campsite area, so contact me at
soldierboy440@yahoo.com and let me know your estimated attendance,
equipment you are bringing, and the overall size for your display. Also
let me know what special items you may have available to use in the
battle, for instance machine guns, etc.

Chris Larson, author of Light Infantry Tactics: For Small Teams
(http://www.authorhouse.com/BookStore/ItemDetail~bookid~18699.aspx ) is
planning and coordinating the battle, so it should be a good one.
Chris, a contract at Ft Leavenworth, is a former infantry NCO and
trainer of the Iraqi National Army. I am sure we can persuade Chris to
bring copies of his book for autographing. He already has some
excellent ideas for the battle. Upon completion of the battle, a
display/demonstration will be held.

This is a wonderful history time line event, and for WWII it is
comparable to a mini-Jefferson Barracks. It is on a great site, ran by
the best event staff I have ever worked with. The candlelight tours are
also a lot of fun, as groups of people tour your campsites by
candlelight. If you wish to do a vignette for this, let me know so I
can get it coordinated according to their schedule.

The historical society is coordinating for access to showers for us like
last year, and there should be plenty of excess tentage for those who
want to camp. Also, there are a number of chain and local hotels in the
community.

The event is being ran within the safety and authenticity standards of
the WWIIHRS, so there will be a safety and authenticity inspection prior
to the event, and all participants must sign a waiver.

*Extra* We may be adding a Vietnam section as well, and they are working
on a Desert Storm display too. Contact me for details.

Tim A. Scherrer
WWII Coordinator
CO, 84th ID Reenacted
www.railsplitterslivinghistory.org